Welcome to my crafty blog. I'll be posting pictures of my favourite cardmaking/scrapbooking
projects and of new creations as inspiration hits.


Friday 6 May 2011

Mini Craft Bio

Here goes, dipping my toes into the blogosphere. Watch this space for crafty goings-on and some pretty pictures. To start things off here's a bit about me. 

I've always been a bit crafty, but things really kicked off in 1996 on holiday in America, when I first discovered Michaels and Jo-Anns craft stores. Wow! I took to cardmaking like a duck to water, and with a toddler in the house, had many a cute photo in need of scrapbooking.  In the next few years I racked up a good few more trips to Americal, taking in classes on various cardmaking and scrapbooking techniques as well as collecting several hundred feet of till receipts :-)  Did I mention I have an understanding husband?

In 2003, I took a Christmas job at The Paper Mill Shop in Livingston, which became permanent.  Excellent! Staff discount on my crafting goods!  I demo'd and ran weekly classes at the shop until its closure in 2011.  Over the years, I have also demo'd and run classes at other craft shops and have run scrapbooking evening classes for West Lothian Council. In April 2010, I started running classes in the Community Wing of Simpson Primary School.

As well as teaching classes and demo'ing, I have made and sold a wide range of goods over the years - greetings cards, wedding stationery, scrapbooks, mini photo-books, hand-decorated vases & T-lighters, wine glass charms and much more. I sold these through a number of outlets including shops and craft & wedding fairs, as well as word of mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment